Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Ereading Experience

I've just finished reading my first book from my brand new Kobo ereader that I got for Christmas (thanks mummy and daddy)

and I cannot begin to explain how amazing my experience was. For one, I flew through the novel I was reading and I found out that I actually read a lot faster on the Kobo than if I were to read from the novel itself. I don't know if this is because I've trained myself to read off of computer screens rapidly over the years of essay writing, to work emails and such, but I did find I went through this book faster than if I had read it in proper novel form.

I also loved the fact that I could change the font size and style if I so pleased. Kobo allows it's users to change the font size depending on how big or small they want the typeface to show up on screen. I went with the smallest size of font because my eyes adjusted to it better than if I were to use a bigger font size. I also like the fact that I can choose which font I want to use to read my novel in. Sure there's only two fonts I can choose from but both fonts are generic and not annoying which is very important when reading a book. It also allows you to adjust to one type of font so every book you read will be within your comfort zone.

I found I was able to juggle better between two novels as I was reading. I had one novel for Go Train rides:
and one novel for Bedtime
all contained in a neatly packaged device. I couldn't be happier with my ereader. The ink screen is easy on the eyes, there is no glare, and the navigation button is easy to use. In fact there is nothing complicated about using the Kobo ereader. It really was an amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment